Friday, October 21, 2011

One of my faves...

I remember when I was like 18 or 19 and I first saw Silverchair on Muchmusic. The album was Frogstomp and the single/video was for the song "tomorrow". These three kids were like 16 years old and I was jealous beyond belief! The Nirvana comparisons were all over the place ,and somewhat deservingly so.
However Daniel Johns had bigger and better plans for his future that did not fully include going out like Kurt Cobain did. Instead of sticking to the grunge formula and re-writing the same old songs over and over again, Daniel took it upon himself to challenge his writing abilities and continue to grow as both a musician and a songwriter.
The record "Young Modern" is by no means new anymore, but it is their latest offering. If you were familiar with the "frogstomp" Silverchair boys , you had no idea what men they would grow up to be.
The single "Straight Lines" is by far one of my favorite songs over the past few years. Inspiring , honest, melodic, and a rich full arraignment throughout.
Check it out...

1 comment:

  1. A great song and great band Craig, Daniel Johns is a lovely guy as well.

    ReplyDelete